Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Superskrull vs ROM & Captain Marvel (color)

Left click to enlarge
You may recognize this as a black n' white sketch art I did earlier this summer. Just on a whim I decided to add some color to it and give it something of a back ground scene. Speaking of ROM and Captain Marvel last weekend I was sporting my ROM t-shirt while visiting a comic shop in Fremont and I noticed this sign outside the building that housed the suite the comic shop was located in.
Rick Jones wasn't a retired cop but he was a side kick for a few marvel super heroes over the years and was considered to be an ex-Avenger right? So really that's not too far off the mark from being an ex-cop when you think about it. Aside from that the two guys there were so stoked about my t-shirt that one of them took a picture of it and then showed me a ROM Mighty Mugg he had stashed away (thanks Chris). Yeah I admit I was really geeking out that day.


On something of a side note here I was stoked to find this site last weekend that has the entire Union Jack 2006 London is Falling (SABRA sketch art by Maximegar Barini) mini-series which features Sabra in a readable online format. I already had #1 and earlier this summer I found #2 and #4 at the before mentioned comic shop earlier this summer on the cheap. So far I hadn't had any luck finding it in all my journeys through discount back issue boxes in the last few months but at least now I can read the issue and get the full story of the mini-series . . .
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2266003/Union-Jack--London-Falling-2006-GagePerkins/?page=1

6 comments:

  1. Sweet because I never got the chance to check her out in action cool stuff brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice color job Shlomo. Quick! Triple threat match between all three. Who Wins in the end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think that depends on who you ask. but i think between two cunning and experienced warriors like Captain Marvel and ROM they would have found a way to over come all the raw power Superskrull has at his disposal.

      Delete
  3. Does "Rick Jones" have bumper-stickers? -Because I WANT one.

    Nice job on the colors- makes it POP, son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely color job, Shlomo. Whatever you use for blue really comes through perfectly.
    Oh, and ditto on the bumper sticker. I think we should have those for every election.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. interesting, on my end the back ground has a more violet hue to it. at any rate that part of the color job was all photoshop paint tools.

      Delete