Thursday, August 28, 2014

Analyze this!


Now that I'm seeing this in color I feel like this sketch card fan art by Mark Propst it begs to be one of those "caption this" kinda images. I mean just imagine what ROM would be saying to this dire wraith he's confronting. Well Gary you wanted to see this in color so here ya go bro. I'm not with Instagram but if any of you are feel free to share this with Mark so far I've never run into any artist who had an issue with me colorizing their work.
Along with New Mutants 24 I also grabbed a copy of the August issue of IDW's Rogue Trooper as part of my 3 for $1 grab a couple of weeks ago in S.F. Earlier this week I was browsing through it when I came across an IDW supplemental/promotional page with a crossword puzzle that had at least one question I knew the answer to before I flipped the page to see the answers. I retyped the clue but other wise what you see below is a scan of the puzzle key. I'm not on farcebook or twitter so if you know Chris at either of those social media sites feel free to share this posting with him.



Ya know I was thinking Gary with all these random findings lately I also can't help but wonder how much more is out there and how can we ever hope to find them all? Maybe we need something like this Wraith finder?


Well that's it for August I'm fresh out of stuff to post for now. But as we saw this month things just kinda turn up sometimes when you least expect them although I have at least one thing I'm anticipating getting in the mail (no not the mighty mugg) in the near future I think you all would like. Plus I've had this idea for a while now for doing some fan art that pays homage to issue 22 which was the first Rom issue I ever owned so ya never know.

13 comments:

  1. "Knuckles, Wraith. Wraith, Knuckles." *puuuunch*

    Knuckles And Witch = Knuckle Sandwich.

    "You wouldn't have gotten so close if my artist had drawn me holding my Neutralizer like they usually do!!"

    But aren't we glad for something different and the excellent coloring by request. I'm hoping you've got a larger (hi-res) version for my vault?

    I rarely can finish them but I do like crossword puzzles especially when they include ROM. Googling "How Much Do You Know About IDW" found a few more Aug2014 cover date comics that have the crossword puzzle...

    Star Trek #36 http://www.comics.org/issue/1246751/

    X-Files Season 10 #15 http://www.comics.org/issue/1247526/

    X-Files Year Zero #2 http://www.comics.org/issue/1247500/

    ...then I found this list of every comic that would probably all have the "Bulletins"-style pages with the ROM inclusion crossword (presumably all the $3.99 ones...but I am entirely unfamiliar with IDW {except the Mars Attacks TPB with Sal's ROM pinup, obviously})...

    http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/916?articleID=148783

    Your comic must be Rogue Trooper Classics #4. It just came out this month so did you really get it for 33 cents (!) or you mean you bought it separately at the same time? I was aware that Rogue Trooper was originally published in the UK back when ROM was in print here and over there, so over the last few days I was imagining you might have found a sly reference within the story itself, reprinted from an old UK comic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunately all I had to work with was the version that Propst had on Instagram so I'm afraid Gary this resolution is the best I got. and yeah I got that Rogues Trooper issue for just 33 cents sometimes new stuff turns up in those discount boxes don't ask me why. it's a bit bent up cuz I originally got it for some lite reading for a train ride but yours if you want it.

      Delete
  2. "I don't fire until I see the yellow of their eyes. Good thing you bitches glow."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now all we need is an Old English dialect version of what you said.

      Delete
    2. I shall not fire upon Thee until I spy the paleness of thine eyes. Tis fortunate then that thine eyes illuminate the dark.

      Delete
  3. With as much stuff that Chris post on twitter about ROM it is no surprise that he would love to publish it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always my friend you find the good stuff lovin what you're finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well with any luck i should be getting something in the mail some time later this week you guys are gonna dig. may the Gods of Galador be with my purchase order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice - you'd think if it made it to a crossword there would already be at least phone calls or door knocking in progress. Who knows :)

    Nice job on the colouring to mr! Can be hard with lots of red keeping all the items separate but you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah i had forgotten to mention to you the IDW cross word puzzle. glad you got a kick out of that too mate.

      Delete
  7. Nice IDW crossword play and classic wraith finder shot. Very nice fan artwork as well the coloring is quite impressive on this version

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks bro, and welcome back we haven't seen you here in quite a while.

      Delete
    2. Thanks been catching up on postings. Been quite busy with spacenight jr starting pre med MIDDLE school by the gods of Galador.

      Delete