Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Nova vs the Dire Wraiths Halloween e-comic special is here! Also, Marvel published what?


Did you know that I just realized that Marvel Two-In-One 99 was written by Bill Mantlo? Given how the issue kicks off with this fantastic splash page I thought I'd open up this posting with this 80s nostalgia given that Halloween is tomorrow.


But onto with what this posting is really about I wanted to make sure anybody who stumbles across this blog knows about the Halloween e-comic special on deviant art that is now up. The guys who put this thing together really went balls on this project to bring something really cool to ROM and Nova fans out there so go check it out and let them know what you thought of it . . .
http://novaprime.deviantart.com/gallery/51674944/HALLOWEEN



Ok actually I've got one more thing to post that came later today courtesy of Gary Martin Jr. who found this on twitter. Apparently it's a page from the Marvel 75 Years Celebration one shot. I actually thought this was pretty cool even though it touches a nerve. I just don't get it. Clearly Marvel knows about the ROM fan base out there and they currently have merchandising deals with Hasbro who they obviously know own the rights to ROM. So why can't these two companies just work something out!!!? Other licensed properties present on this page include The Micronauts, Godzilla, Shogun Warriors and huh . . . NFL Pro.

8 comments:

  1. I didnt even hear about the one-shot. Wish I would have now. Looks like ROM, Godzilla, Micronauts, and the Shogun Warriors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah you got it. also there's the short lived NFL Super Pro series, Google it. it's every bit as ridiculous as it sounds but then again marvel also did a comic book about truck driving remember US 1?

      Delete
    2. I actually kind of like US 1 haha. And yeah, I have read NFL Superpro, it is every bit as bad as it sounds.

      Delete
  2. That last bit both tickles, and simultaneously enrages, me!!!

    Killer post! -Happy Hallowe'en!!!
    Hope you had a fun one, man...
    I did. -Drugs, girls, money, and liquor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a hell of a lot better then the Halloween i had last night. a bunch of guys didn't show up to work and i was stuck there till almost 2 in the morning. good to hear from you again.

      Delete
  3. I know that had to suck being stuck like that but as always thanks for the heads up this is so pretty cool info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry your Halloween sucked so much, but I love this posting. It has a great nostalgia with a smattering of what the hell. Hits all the right points for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well i guess this would be a good time to mention that i exchanged some emails with Michael Mantlo yesterday morning. thanks to some successful financial negotiations with marvel he's involved in that's going to get better care for Bill that's closer to Michael. he wasn't at liberty to disclose any specific info. but after i showed him that Contest of Licensed Champions page he intimated that marvel is keenly aware of the enduring ROM fan base and that they're was some manner of discussion within marvel on the matter. but my confidence in marvel to make anything really happen is so low that i won't believe anything until i see the finished product rather it be a publication or some merchandise that's actually pretty cool this time.

    ReplyDelete