Friday, June 15, 2018

Funny ass Hostess Pies Marvel 80s house ad spoof with ROM and Starshine

See link below to view the rest of the full page ad
I've seen this sort of thing before and it's never been very funny. However, this one had me cracking up quite a bit it's not just funny but it's a real labor of love in both terms of photoshop work and creative concept. Well done to who ever did this. I'm only posting part of the spoof house ad you can see the rest of it (it's a full page) over at where I found it in the first place. . .
http://calvinscanadiancaveofcool.blogspot.com/2018/06/from-rom-collection.html


In honor of Father's Day this weekend I wanted to share this awesome card which features some really bad ass classic Marvel 80s (late 70s also I think) Spider-Man art work. This is actually a birthday which I got for my father earlier this week but I imagine it could double as a Father's Day card as well.


Speaking of all things ROM, Spider-Man and Marvel 80s. If you're reading this posting Preston Asceveda I'd be curious to know if you're ever planning on finishing this piece I liked where you were going with this concept.

Left click to enlarge
Once in a while I hope onto farcebook using my wife's account. And on rare occasion I even actually find something of interest. This is a portion of another work in progress fan art piece that features ROM and Spider-Man with a whole lot of other Marvel superheroes. Can't say for sure who did it but if the artist or someone who knows who it is wants to make them selves known here by all means be my guest.


Looks like that sketch also includes Luke Cage. And speaking of which, season 2 will be here in exactly 1 week and I am so stoked for it especially when it comes to seeing Misty Knight in action with her bionic arm.

6 comments:

  1. I think the spidey art on your dad's card is a John Romita drawing so it could even be 60's / 70's style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, someone on the other side of the world is up late.

      Delete
  2. that ad hits me right on the feels. I´ve never seen it, but the style and the paper type makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you were trying to say that fake Hostess ad made you laugh while reminding you of the good ol 80s?

      Delete
    2. "spoof " god, i didn´t read spoof in my tiny little cellphone. I might be going blind.

      Delete
  3. hello this is Preston Asevedo. lol you mispelled my last name lol. in regards to the Rom 77 cover i did finsh it. its fully colored i also did a rom 76 cover as well as a ton of rom commissioned art contact me and i'll send pics of them. artofsteel1272@yahoo.com thanks i love this blog

    ReplyDelete