Friday, August 28, 2020

Chadwick Boseman, you left us too soon wise king. May your after life rewards be great.


The Black Panther is dead at 43? I just don't even know what to say about this bomb shell of a news story today. Right now it doesn't even quite feel real. I want to wake up tomorrow and have this God awful news story be nothing but a bad dream. In recent years I've almost grown accustomed to celebrities from my child hood passing away but this is really different. Just because of his age alone, in a way this feels like more of an emotional gut punch then when Stan Lee passed away. This kinda feels like the real life version of the iconic and classic 80s Death of Captain Marvel graphic novel. Just so sad, I really fucken hate 2020. Boseman was diagnosed with colon cancer 4 years ago which means he was still working as an actor while fighting this shit disease. Truly a real hero both on and off screen.

I think we can all relate a bit more to these panels especially from The Death of Captain Marvel (Jim Starlin).

 Chadwick Boseman with vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris who I'm prying will be our next vice president. In a bit of irony here, The Black Panther movie opens up and ends in Oakland California which is where Harris is from. So tragic also that he didn't at least live long enough to vote in November.

One of the best SNL episodes in years!