Monday, January 1, 2018

It may be 2018 but here it's always the totally awesome 1980s

Happy New Year from ROM's man cave (location unknown).

Left click to enlarge
January 2nd Update: Speaking of totally awesome 80s stuff let's get back to Star Wars when it was good. My rebel fleet has gotten a bit bigger today with the arrival of my hammerhead corvette in the mail from ebay. Now I'm ready to ram the nearest and preferably disabled star destroyer. I'm sure most of you remember that epic scene from what as far as I'm concerned now is the only good Star Wars movie made since 1983.

January 3rd Update: I wanted to throw something else unto this posting more on the comics end of the 80s as well. Marvel Team-Up 130 (1983) features some really fantastic classic Sal Buscema art. If you're wondering what's going on here The Vision's android body has been temporarily taken over by some villain named Necrodamus. Not to be confused with Dave Chapelle's Negrodamus mind you. The clip art I posted here is just a sample of the action packed dynamic pencils by Buscema as Spider-Man and Scarlet Witch trade blows with the possessed Vision until they finally figure out a way to drive Necrodamus out of Vision's body.




11 comments:

  1. Ha ha, that IS awesome. Here's to a better Year for both you and your wife, and your boy ROM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad all you guys enjoyed my little prop i'm gonna keep trying to continue the 80s nostalgia here but it'll be interesting to see what 2018 has in store for us. pretty sure it's gonna be mostly garbage as usual when it comes to new comics but ofcourse we at least have some promising movies to look forward to like The Black Panther.

    ReplyDelete
  3. " My rebel fleet has gotten a bit bigger today with the arrival of my hammerhead corvette. Now I'm ready to ram the nearest and preferably disabled star destroyer." Damn brah, you really have been living in 'Frisco too long with all that native talk, ha ha. Fuck, 2018's just going to be a repeat of 2017: More Terrible Trump, more deaths of beloved music/movie/tv icons and more bullshit. On a more positive note, you'll still be here, faithfully blogging away like a champ, Dan's back to the regular posting grind, and we're another year removed from bad 90's nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be blogging away as long as there's cool or interesting shit to talk about and at least 2018 will have the Black Panther movie. But also yeah more trump . . . at least for now. As for the 90s, not as epic of a decade as the 80s but it certainly was not with out distinctive coolness such as the Seattle grunge rock scene, Pulp Fiction, Beavus and Butthead and the Jerky Boys. But on the down side there was also parachute pants. And ofcourse there came the internet which eventually would spawn Facebook and it's fucken bullshit "community guidelines".

      Delete
  4. Hey! I loved my JNCO jeans damnit! ha ha. You also forgot Beanie Babies and those fucking tamagotchi pets.
    Funny you should mention the Jerky Boyz 'cause a friend of mine and I were just talking about them. God I miss them.
    #FuckFuckerberg

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROM's Man Cave sounds like a cool name for a blog! That's pretty sweet Vision art too. He and Hawkeye have always been my top Avengers. I just don't think anyone could take him down. Good to see Spidey try though! Happy New Year Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were right. I do like what you've done! Rom's Man Cave looks so cool haha! Loving the 80s focused references of this post. Big Rom fan I see. I'm only now learning about him haha. I missed out on the Rom stuff in the 80s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i grew up in the 80s and i still say today it is the most epic decade in human history. believe me when i tell you that the original ROM was waaaaay superior then the crap reboot IDW came up with. it's really sad to considering what big ROM fans the powers that be at IDW are. thanks for swinging by Marc i love to hear from people over here about what they think about the stuff i like to post.

      Delete
  7. ROM's man cave might be my new backdrop. Love that.

    ReplyDelete