Friday, October 3, 2014

I don't want this to vanish from the net after it sells on ebay


So as the posting title suggests I'm just throwing this custom Heroclix figurine up here because this is a really nice crafted work of art (especially when you consider how small it must be!) that should remain some where on the internet because quite frankly once it sells on ebay I don't know what will happen to the image in the long run. An articulate action figure would have been ideal to commemorate 35 years of ROM but I wish hasbro had at least done a small figurine like this just like those PVC ones you see in those plastic blister packages in stores sometimes.


I guess I might as well throw this new fan art up here too while I'm at it which I posted on deviant art a few days ago. ROM spaceknight 65, how much more awesome that epic issue would have been had it been penciled by ANY artist other then steve ditko working for Marvel at the time.

9 comments:

  1. I'm not into the heroclix stuff myself, but wow. That's a pretty damn impressive custom ROM figure right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. till this day I still have no idea how these Heroclix games are played. I just know sometimes they have cool looking figurines. I even once saw a Star Trek package set that had these starship Heroclix that looked just like those Micromachines miniature ship and vehicle toys. I kinda wanted to buy it just for the starships alone.

      Delete
    2. When it came out- I was SO into the concept of HeroClix! -I remember going to Toys'R'Us and buying EVERYTHING!
      I was (and still am) SO into the OverPower CCG that I thought adding actual 3D figures and battlefields (ala something like Warhammer 3k) was a can't miss! -I ended up hating the game...
      I mean HATING it- the rules were total rubbish.
      -By now I'm sure it's been revised and revised again... but they lost me long ago. I was SO disappointed.
      One of the last times I was at The Flea-Market; a guy had a HUGE 3x4 ft. Tupperware FULL of HeroClix figures for a quarter a piece. HA!

      Delete
  2. And that's how they get you...I don't want to play another game...oooh! Shiny figures!
    Seriously, though, that's a really good sculpt. Bet that guy plays a mean game of Heroclix.
    Love the Beta Ray/ROM art. Gives me warm flashback fuzzies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sculpt on that guy- professional looking even.

    Nice character choice for your art, there too! -I'll ignore the specific hate... because that was a GREAT issue. ALL AROUND.

    Also: SPACE-BULGE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, that issue was certainly a great story. and for what it's worth had dikto called it quits in the early 70s I would have never become a ditko hater. but since I am a haters gonna hate as you well know. as for all these games going all the way back to Dungeons & Dragons and Magic The Gathering I've never been into any of that gaming type stuff.

      Delete
    2. Probably safer. It's hard when you get addicted. Plus, you can really creep yourself out with some of the Cthulu ones.

      Delete
  4. Rom #3!
    http://diversionsofthegroovykind.blogspot.com/2014/10/our-pal-sal-firefall-by-mantlo-and.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DiversionsOfTheGroovyKind+%28Diversions+of+the+Groovy+Kind%29

    ReplyDelete