Thursday, August 26, 2021

Thank the Gods of Galador there's finally some good new ROM fan art to enjoy

Well, after more then a two month dry spell of any worthwhile ROM related fan art we finally have something in the form of this ROM spaceknight 18 cover art homage commission piece by Jeff Slemmons. This is exactly the sort of fan art I love to find. It's creative, well illustrated and nostalgic. A winning combination that's sorely lacking in most of what I usually come across. You might say this sort of fan art is my "happy place" that I like to retreat to in the face of the ongoing disservice both marvel and idw publishing have to the legacy of the classic 80s series. 

 https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1751944

The legendary Sal Buscema made a recent appearance at a comic shop in Gainesville Virginia which unfortunately is about as far away as you can get from what part of The United States I'm in. I know exactly what I would say to him if I ever got the chance to meet him. Other then some obligatory words of praise I would have to let him know how heart broken I was back in the day when he left the ROM series. Silly as this sounds I kinda still am to this very day actually.

 

August 31st Update: As you may have noticed from the previous posting, on occasion I like to post really cool local public art related to the sci-fi/comic book genre. I just discovered this anime mecha mural in San Francisco today and I wanted to share it with the 3 or 4 or maybe 5 people who will read this posting.