Thursday, September 1, 2022

Legacies

So from time to time I like to post public art I discover that's related to the comic book/sci-fi/fantasy genre that I discover by chance. Well here's the latest on, which I found in San Francisco recently. As you can see it's clearly derived from TRON Legacy. A really beautiful mural especially on the details on her face it's just too bad it wasn't done on a smoother surface instead of a corrugated roll up door.

And I just wanted to also remind you that the TRON Legacy trailer 2 included a brief shot of ROM spaceknight 26 along with some other cool 80s Easter eggs.


In this latest sketch card fan art, an unknown spaceknight takes center stage in repelling a dire wraith invasion war fleet. 

https://www.deviantart.com/nikoskap/gallery

September 11 Update: On something of a side note here. I have to mention how much of a pleasant surprise last week's announcement of Sabra's inclusion into the MCU was to me. As was the casting choice of Shira Hass given her age and physic. What wasn't a big surprise at all was the antisemitic backlash on social media. The MCU's interpretation of the Sabra character in Captain America: New World Order will be interesting to say the least and needless to say I'm looking forward to seeing how this continues to unfold over the next year or so. https://www.jpost.com/omg/article-716850