Sunday, May 12, 2013

Some Rom fan art that's down right biblical & some over due Sabra fan art (Plus more!)

By Iszy Iszard
I dunno about the rest of you all out there but when I first saw this piece it had a biblical feel to it kinda like the way sunlight pierces through cloud formations some times at that perfect point int he day. Rom almost has a messianic way about him here as one who is coming down from the heavens to cleanse us of our sins or more specifically of Wraith kind on Earth. All that aside this is good from a figure composition stand point and I like the muted use of colors they work well here. Rom's ignited rocket pods look especially awesome too.
This piece was done late last year but as I said before hardly a month doesn't go by where I don't discover any where from 3 - 4 newly created works of Rom fan art. Just as an example here are just a few links to some of the stuff from May alone. And we're not even quite half way through this month yet. Also, keep in mind these links are not the stuff I've featured here on this blog (both mine and others) from the month of May so all together that constitutes even more new Rom fan art.
http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Rom-368623770
http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Rom-370590321
http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Rom-367366991
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1009527&GSub=76187

And speaking of some of my own fan art here's some stuff I'm playing around with this weekend . . .


Yeah I know, one of those issues that sadly never was. It's too bad it would have been epic!

 
And speaking of all things biblical here's Marvel's greatest superhero from The Promise Land. After having been telling myself I'm going to be doing some Sabra fan art for months now I finally got my shit together this weekend and got it done. Check out all these different versions of Marvel MicroHeroes there are for Sabra: http://marvel-microheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Sabra_%28Ruth_Bat-Seraph%29

Left click to enlarge
Next up I'd like to talk about here is that among other things I've been watching the Dredd DVD this weekend. As I was watching the Extras (Mega-City Masters: 35 Years of Judge Dredd) look who I happened to notice among other commentators. IDW writer and Rom fan Chris Ryall who as many of you know has been in collaboration with the legendary Sal Buscema and helped make the recent Rom bonus pin up page a reality.

Alright I've got one more thing I'm going to add here that just got uploaded by K.O.T (ThekingofThessaly). Check out this cool Cloak N' Dagger tin that K.O.T uses for storage of his "herbal medicines". Plus, enjoy his latest back issue haul and him ripping on the Ghost Rider movies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I0YBZTHsKg



15 comments:

  1. A Nice collection of art my friend and the Rom piece does have that serene heavenly feel to it a true moment of reflection a peace as he contemplates his next move! And your two are stand outs as well keep it up brother loved the vids too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for swinging by zhaanman i know it's balls to the walls for you these days time wise. i hope you're having a good weekend.

      Delete
  2. Wow! That Rom by Roboworks you have linked is The Shit. What a nice -shirt it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pieces. The backgrounds totally make these super pictures. I sure wish I would've stuck with it as an artist, because all these things you post would totally inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The Shit", i think that's the first time i ever heard you say that Bruce. i'm just trying t picture it with a Spanish accent :)

    thanks Rick, speaking of inspiration the true intention of my art work is to promote world peace but so far it's not working very well. but i'm glad you like it just the same. i hope you'll have some good news tomorrow for me if you know what i mean which i think you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually my accent used to be British (I have a degree in English language & Literature) but later I went astray with all that American pop culture :D

      Delete
  5. i love the intro piece, but I think your cover really captures that great comic feel. i mean whatever happened to corner box and barcode art?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Galador!!! That ROM... so pretty. I... I must buy a van so I can have that image airbrushed onto the side of it ASAP.
    And Dudge! -Your piece looks bad-ass as a cover!
    Thanks for the plug. You know, Cloak & Dagger would work REALLY well as a television show. Their powers are EASY special effects to pull off. They can easily tweak their origin a bit- to be more "real world". Same with the costumes (because you know they'd never put them in THOSE. They SHOULD, but they wouldn't.) just have Dagger in a white (p)leather jacket with a low-cut top and tight pants... And have Cloak in a big black and blue striped hoodie. Give it an "on the run" type story. Their villains are all gang and drug-dealer related. Fuck, it couldn't be worse than The Cape (6 seasons and a movie!) or (colorless) Arrow... especially if it actually had a competent writing team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah The Cape was pretty bad i remember the pilot. i never watched it again and i heard shortly after it was cancelled which didn't come at all as a surprise. that's right Cloak basically does have a big dark hoodie which basically explains why he's always get shot at by white guys. i left some comments on your vid. a couple of days ago did you see em?

      Delete
  7. It does kind of look like they took one of the "Jesus on Velvet" paintings and rubbed out Jesus and put ROM in. Still, it's gorgeous.
    I'm with K.o.T. I'd love a Cloak and Dagger show. But we won't get one. Not while they're butchering our other more "mainstream" heroes.
    I never thought there would be a time when I didn't like Dinah Lance, but that show really has me wishing Ollie would get over her already and hang out with the blonde in glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, love the Iszy Iszard up top. And I think part of that may be because it's a peaceful moment when all we seem to get lately is Rom wielding his Neutralizer at something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how about Rom in some pimped out ride doing a drive by banishment? that would be unique.

      Delete
  9. Sabra is nicely done, luv the pose and expression. Marvel could step their game up and recruit her to Secret Avengers. It would be a new, fresh and inviting compliment to the book,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i heard that! thanks for the kind words brother. as far as i'm concerned neither Marvel or DC have anything new worth buying these days. i just emailed you a video link you might find amusing.

      Delete