Thursday, September 20, 2012

Finding ROM Easter Eggs as Steve Rogers finds work at Marvel Comics

Well it seems that Captain America 311 turned out to have even more in store for us then just the flash back cameo of Rom#14. After I wrote and published that posting I gave the issue a thorough reading and it turned out to be an over all good issue. Steve Rogers during an interview at Marvel Comics is offered a job penciling Captain America. Ok the irony here is a bit heavy handed but I still love it. Plus I found me some Rom Easter Eggs! 
Left click to enlarge

They shouldn't be too hard to spot so I'll leave it up to you good people to find em : ) Truly a dollar well spent. By the way I never knew Steve Rogers could draw!?


And here's another Easter Egg of sorts. The Avengers movie DVD and Blue Ray contains a documentary in the special features called Marvel Studios Building a Cinematic Universe. At one point it features a moving montage of Avengers images and clip art in which from 8:08 to 8:12 we see the cover of Avengers #221 which as most of you know featured Rom on the cover. I hardly think there's a Rom fan out there who doesn't have or at least has seen this cover but just in case you can get a better look at it here: http://marvel.com/digital_comics/issue/5156/avengers_1963_221

Next posting, Rom gets involved in the 2012 presidential race, more Easter eggs, even some Rom body art that you've never seen before and even more!

9 comments:

  1. cmon people i feel like i'm a teacher in class trying to find somebody out there who can give me an answer to the question i threw out to the students. just to make sure that there's no confusion "Easter eggs" are small specific references among a collection of varied visual items on a given panel or page. anybody? . . anybody?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I'm trying to see. Is there a ROM action figure on the shelf in the first panel? Or is that just a random robot? It's hard to tell. My eyes are getting old.

    I did know Steve was an artist, isn't that how he hooked up with Bernie? I thought so, anyway.

    I am so stoked for the Avengers dvd release! I might watch it three times in a row. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gods of Galador! have the Dire Wraith cast a spell of black magic on my posting? their sorcery has been used before to warp the perceptions of their enemies. especially in Rom Annual 2 which caused Rom to fight his fellow spaceknights and in Rom #50 which helped the Dire Wraiths get the drop on The Torpedo Brock Jones.

      Delete
    2. Well, it might explain your sudden change in speech patterns. :) I'll get a shotgun and stand next to the front door until you get here with the neuralizer. Just in case.

      Delete
  3. Fellow collectors who want to get ROM's cameo on the Avengers Blu-ray! WE HAVE TO BUY IT AT TARGET! Look at Target's Sunday circular http://weeklyad.target.com/ for the picture of their exclusive bonus disc, it has the name of that documentary on it, so ROM's Avengers #221 appearance may not show up on the regular discs you'd get at any other store. I also found out that the bonus disc is not available with the DVD, only the Blu-ray, and I think it's cheaper this week only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Dave was out of town this weekend but I must say I still didn't catch what the egg was in this I just couldn't get a large enough visual to make out any specific details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dude, take a closer look at the spinner racks.

      Delete